Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Mother's Daughter

I come from a long line of strong and spirited women. My maternal grandmother (Agnes) was a force to be reckoned. Before I go any further, let me say that I loved my grandmother very much and to be honest I am more like her than I want to admit. Agnes taught me the joy of shopping and the art of convincing someone to buy me what I wanted, when I wanted it. She was the master.

My mother has the same genes running through her too, although she does not like to admit it. Almost everyone has seen the posters entitled All I Need To Know In Life… Well, I give you my take on it:

All I Need To Know In Life I Learned From My Mother
1. You can never have too many pairs of black pants.
2.You can never have too many pairs of black shoes.
3. If you have a color choice always choose black, it’s more slimming.
4. Stand up straight and hold your stomach in.
5. Our lives are like a box of chocolate covered peanuts, there is a nut in them all.
6. A perceptive mother is cheaper than a therapist.
7. Great minds think alike, especially when they are mother and daughter.
8. I am not as smart as I thought I was.
9. Any good designer bag can be bought from a warehouse on Canal Street in downtown Manhattan. (Not to mention a good watch)


I love you Mom!

No comments: