Friday, August 8, 2008

Looks Like We Made It

Well, today was Carter’s first day of kindergarten and to quote Shania Twain “Looks like we made it”. I was very proud of Carter and I was even more proud of myself. He was such a big boy and I am proud to say that I too was on my best behavior.

We began our morning at school in the MPR (multi-purpose room). Carter and I were sitting there waiting to go into his classroom and I was holding back the tears. I walked him to his room and I had to beg him for a hug. He went straight to his desk, sat down, and waved bye to me. That’s it? That’s all I get? Five years I have fed him, dressed him, and wiped his behind and that’s all. A forced hug and a slight wave. Kindergarten is a big deal and I was looking for a Kodak moment! Oh well, I am glad that he was so excited to be there and did not attach himself to my leg. As a matter of fact, I did not see any kids attached to any legs, but I did see a few parents being pulled around.

After the “drop-off”, parents had to report back to the MPR for our first ever PTSF meeting. Yeah! What was the topic of our first meeting? None other than the annual Sally Foster wrapping paper fundraiser. I was so excited! I LOVE Sally Foster wrapping paper! Don’t you? So now Carter and I have a mission. We must sell 140 items. That’s the big number, the number we need to win the coveted I-Pod. Carter does not even know what an I-Pod is, but that is not the point. The point is to win. I’d better get busy, wrapping paper will not sell itself.

I have a feeling it is going to be a long year.

No comments: