Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Drama Queen

Yesterday Kate and I walked Carter into school for his second official day. However, it was Kate’s first official day of getting to take her brother to school. We parked the car and I gave her “the speech”. Be good, hold my hand, don’t talk loud, don’t run and no hissy fits! Kate agreed to my terms and off we went into the school. We took Carter into the MPR and he sat with his classmates. Well, Kate took a seat beside Carter and told me bye! I hugged Carter goodbye and took Kate by the hand. She would not budge! She yelled at me that she was not leaving her “baby” (Carter) and that she was going to school too.

I was soooo embarrassed! I knelt down and whispered to her that we had to leave “baby” there and I reach to pick here up. She went completely dead weight on me! I let go of her, trying not to cause a scene. Then she throws herself in the floor and starts to scream “help me, help me please!”. I was looking for the nearest table to crawl under, but I knew I could not leave her there. I was left with no other choice but to scoop Kate up under my arm and physically remove her (while kicking and screaming) from the MPR. All the parents we passed gave Kate that look of “oh, how sweet! She does not want to leave her brother”. Yeah right! They need to give her a look more like “good Lord, get that kid out of here look”.

We made it to the car, finally! Then came my ultimate weapon….memaw (Mark‘s mom)! I use her as my ultimate threat with Kate. I simply told her that if she had one more episode like, she would have to go to memaw’s while I took Carter to school everyday. It worked!

Today went much smoother and I did not even have to release my flying monkeys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

VERY CLEVER!
Sure brings back those thoughts and fellings. Then they grow up, so get ready.
Yesterday I was talking to our attorney, Mark is standing outside my door looking at his watch and her rate, but Oh No! she's not talking about our case, she is telling me about her little girl starting kindergarted! We laughed and she almost cried when I said when the kid gets home today she will know more than you do.
I remember my Bo's first day, he was a clinging vine, but miraculiously he didn't even part his little lips when he said "Just get in the car". You gotta love em. Hope you have a good day Susan Boatwright