Thursday, July 31, 2008

Adventures In Babysitting

I have the up most respect for people who babysit children full time. I know that sounds strange coming from a full time mom, but babysitting is stressful. It’s not your kids, they belong to someone else. It’s not your kids mess, it’s someone else’s kids mess. Ya’ get what I saying?

Earlier this week, a friend of mine ask me to babysit her daughter for a few days. I truly did not mind keeping her, but having a extra child with you that is not yours is traumatic. I have had to watch what I say and do. I have not been able to run around in my pajamas all day. I can’t even leave the door open when I go to the bathroom. It is total culture shock! Maybe I’m crazy and maybe I’m the only person who feels this way, but babysitting is too much like work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie,

Don't worry about what you say or do around Lex. I'm positive that it cannot be any worse than what she has seen or heard from me, her mother! Thank you for saving the day for me!

Amber