Monday, July 28, 2008

What Not To Wear

Carter started tennis lessons today and that opens a whole can of worms for me to write about. Now, I have a few theories about fashion that I try to live by.
(Stay with me, point coming…)

1. Always dress for the occasion
(try not to look like your in your pajamas)
2. If you participate in a sport or activity, dress for it
(it does not matter if you are any good at it as long as you look good doing it)
3. At least try to look like you saw yourself in the mirror before you left home
(make sure you shoes match each other and your hair is brushed)

Today we are focusing on theory number 2.

All the kids at tennis this morning looked so cute. They had their little outfits on and their little rackets in their hands. Precious! However, I noticed something disturbing with the other moms. Nine out of twelve had on tennis skirts. Now, this is not a “Mommy and Me” tennis lesson. I also know that the women’s tennis league at the Country Club wasn’t playing this morning. So I have to ask myself, “what’s with the skirts? I am not against a good tennis skirt and I have several myself, but I wear them when I play tennis. It is very rare that I have ever felt uncomfortable about what I was wearing, but today I felt out of place. Is there a new rule I don’t know about? Am I suppose to dress for the sport my children are doing at that time? Does this mean I will have to wear a leotard to Kate’s dance classes? I am so confused!

Don’t let it be said that I can’t “go with the flow”. I came straight home from tennis, went to my closet and got out my best tennis skirt. Tomorrow, I too shall look prepared to play a little tennis game if necessary. I now know what not to wear!

I wonder if I need to bring my racket too?

No comments: