Thursday, July 10, 2008

For Every Blog There is a Reason

Hi! I am a 34 year old stay at home mom. I have two beautiful kids. They are the most remarkable children in the world. Blah! Blah! Blah!
Let's get to the point. Why did I start this blog? I was sitting in my living room one day after a trip to Wal-Mart with my kids and I thought "my life is hilarious" I should write a book. Then I realized that I am not motivated enough for that, but a blog would work.

So back to this Wal-Mart story. For those of you who have never shopped at Wal-Mart (especially a Wal-Mart in the south) try to stay with me. As usual I was in a hurry so the kids and I go zooming through the store at a fast yet respectable speed. I am standing in the juice aisle when I feel something "bump" my buggy (that's southern for shopping cart). I looked up and there is a full grown weenier dog snarling at me from a basket on the front a shopping chair. You know what I am talking about. Those motorized chairs that are suppose to be for disabled people, but for some reason they are always being used by people who are fully capable of walking around and are just too lazy. Well, driving this weenier dog was one of those people I mentioned above. (She just did not want to walk)! She (the driver) was glaring at me wanting me to move out of her way. I'm sorry, but I had a problem with that. I am thinking to myself "GO AROUND ME!". I was making my juice selection and I had just as much right to be there as she did.

Being the nice person that I am I smiled at her and gave her the "I'll be done in a minute" nod. Then it happened, she gave the stare down. It was a stand off right there on the juice aisle. I was not moving and neither was she. Finally out of respect for my kids and not wanting to embarrass myself by going "southern belle redneck" on this woman and her weenier dog, I backed up and went around her.

I continued on with my "quick trip", but I was so mad by then I could not even speak. You see, I consider myself a nice person. I smile a lot (some days it is just to keep from crying), but nonetheless I am a nice person. I think it is just as easy to be nice to someone as it is to be rude so this lady's behavior infuriated me. My son who is wise beyond his five years said "Mom, why are you so mad?". I replied "because that woman is just plain rude!"

As our trip came to a close, we dashed toward the checkout counter. I chose a shorter line and as I approached the turn belt, I looked up and there was my juice aisle nemesis. To my defense she was just as rude to the cashier. My son observed her bad behavior for a second time. As she went speeding away on her motorized chair my son looked up at me and said "Mommy, I think we need to pray for her". I said "yes, we do son she was not very nice". He looked at me and said "I was talking about the dog mommy".

I told you my life is hilarious!!

No comments: