Thursday, July 10, 2008

What Are Little Girls Made Of?

People have been telling since I was pregnant with Kate (my two year old daughter) how different siblings can be from one another. They were not joking. Carter (my five year old son) is an angel. He was a great baby and was surprisingly good even during the terrible twos. He is polite, well mannered and seemed to know things “not to do” by the time he was old enough to walk. I have decided he will either be a Southern Baptist Preacher or a Politician.

Kate is a different ballgame all together. She had colic and cried from 10:00pm until 2:00am every night for three months. She hated riding in a car until she was around 20 months old. She has been going through the terrible twos since she was 9 months old! She loves dirt (wearing it, eating it, either way is good for her). She eats money (she prefers pennies). She loves to play “princess”, but would love it even more if it involved mud. Bottom line Kate is just plain NASTY!

Her latest love is water. She loves to play in liquid of any kind. So I am thinking “YES!” this is a perfect opportunity for hand wash training. Washing her hands is not what she has in mind.
Tonight, I learned just how far she would go to “support her habit”.

I was sitting in the living room watching Grey’s Anatomy reruns when I noticed Kate in the kitchen stomping on the tile floor. I went into the kitchen and saw that she was “dancing” in a puddle of pink liquid that was later identified as Kool Aid. Here is were the nasty part comes to play. She did not pour the Kool Aid from her cup. “How did she get it in the floor?” you ask, she SPIT it in the floor! She would sip it from her cup and spit it out in the floor. Again I say, she is just plain NASTY!

No comments: