Monday, September 1, 2008

To Labor Or Not?

It is a hot and humid Labor Day her in Georgia. Translation, I am nestled securely in my well air-conditioned home. I do not do the outdoor thing. I do not “mesh” well with bugs, dirt, and sweat. However, Mark seems to thrive on being outside in 95 degree heat and 100% humidity. He is outside right now becoming one with the weed eater.

I can’t seem to figure out the “Labor Day” thing. Should we labor excessively today or do we boycott labor all together? I for one am all for the boycott! There is laundry that I need to do, the windows need to be washed, and the refrigerator needs to be cleaned out, but it’s Labor Day and I think I will just sit this one out.

On a more serious note:
My family and our entire church family is praying for everyone on the gulf coast as they brace for hurricane Gustav.

No comments: