Monday, September 15, 2008

Maintenance

I am a firm believer that everyone at some point in their life needs a little maintenance. What do I mean by maintenance? Little things like coloring your hair or just wearing a little makeup. The best advice I have ever heard about maintenance was from my pastor. His advice was in regards to women wearing makeup, he said “If the barn needs to be painted, by all means paint the barn.” Excellent advice!

Some people require more maintenance than others. We call these people “high maintenance”. Don’t laugh because I too am “high” maintenance. We require a little bit more than makeup and hair color. We get manicures, pedicures; eyebrow waxing, spray tans, massages and some of us have even had our eyebrows tinted! I think those of us who are “HM” simply can not help ourselves. It is in our genes! Heaven knows it is in my blood! My mom has started Kate very early; she took Kate to have her nails and toes done for her third birthday. Kate loved it! (I love you, mom!)

I have said all of this to ask a simple question. Is there anything wrong with being “high maintenance”? Is it not better than any maintenance at all? In my opinion, people need a little more paint, wax or polish whichever it might be. What do you think? Should we remodel the barn or what?

No comments: