Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Sweet Smell of Victory

Do you hear that noise? Listen carefully… that my friend is the sound of my motor taking a victory lap! Mark has conceded and WE CAN HAVE A DOG! I owe this victory all to Kate. She hit it out of the park this morning and the moment was priceless.

I was folding laundry in the living room when Kate came through and said “Mummy looook, I found my duckie.” “Can I give it a baff?” I told her we would do it tonight and she went about her business. About 5 minutes later she returned and said “Mummy looook what my duckie can dooo.” She took a ball and threw it across the room. Then she took the duckie and threw it at the ball and yelled “Duckie…go fetch!” I lost all self control and laughed so hard I cried. Kate then wanted to know if we could buy the duckie some food and take it to the vet to get shots!
Immediately, I called Mark at work to tell him this hilarious story. I promise I had no ulterior motive, but to tell him the funny story. So I tell Mark the story and he said “OK that’s it I can’t take it anymore, we can get a dog!” “That is just too much that she has to play fetch with a rubber duck.”

And that ladies and gentlemen is how it‘s done……

No comments: