Thursday, January 15, 2009

May Wii?

We have a new toy at casa de crazy and it has become an obsession. Believe it or not I am to blame. We were sitting at home New Years day and I got a wild hair that we needed a Wii. Our original plan was to get Carter one for his birthday in March, but after hearing everyone talk about playing theirs over the holiday, I decided we should not wait.

In the back of my mind I had selfish thoughts. I wanted a Wii because I wanted to get a Wii fit also. My plan backfired! We bought it on January 1st, it is now January 15th and I have played with this contraption twice. Did we waste our money? Well it depends on how you look at it. I’ll be blunt…Mark and Carter hog the Wii! Yes, I said HOG the Wii!

Every night is the same. They play target shoot and then tanks. Now, they take this tank game VERY seriously! They strategize and form a plan over dinner, but then somehow it goes haywire while they are playing and they end up fighting. I left them in the living last night and I heard this conversation…

Carter: “Daddy, is it almost over?”
Mark: “Yes”
Carter: “Daddy it says game over.”
Mark: “OK, let’s do it one more time.”

5 minutes later…

Carter: “Daddy this one is over.”
Mark: “OK, don’t you want to try for one more level?”
Carter: “OK daddy.”

5 minutes later…

Carter: “Daddy I think I need to go to bed now.”
Mark: “We’re almost done.”
Carter: “Daddy, it’s a school night.”
Mark: “OK, Carter, but let’s just one more time.”

If this doesn’t sound bad enough, I woke Carter up this morning and he said (I quote) “Mommy, will you please tell daddy that we can’t play those silly tanks too late tonight. I need to go to bed. I’m tired.”

That my friend is just sad!

No comments: