Friday, February 6, 2009

Moving Violations

I have always considered myself to be a nice person. I am friendly, easy going, I smile a lot, I’m a courteous driver and speak to people even if I do not know who they are. I am a true believer that you can judge a person character by how they act when no one is watching. Today, my “character” was put to the test.

My car was being serviced today and I was driving Mark’s car. I had ran errands all morning and was making one last stop before picking up the car. Kate and I drove into the parking lot of our local outlet mall and parked the car. It was a few minutes before the store opened so we sat in the car and sang our ABC’s. A car pulled into the entrance in front of me and I noticed the lady in the car was intensely staring at me. I will admit it was kind of creepy and for a split second I turned into a 12 year old again and thought to myself…”take a picture, it will last longer”. I stress that I THOUGHT it, I did not say it out loud.

She drove on passed us and Kate and I went about our silliness. Just a few seconds later she drove past us again and this time she had her window rolled down and her arm was hanging out. As her car got closer I realized what she was doing and let’s just say it involved her middle finger on her right hand!

Ohhh Nooo She Didn’t! But yes, SHE DID!

I could feel my blood pressure rising and all I really wanted to do was take my shoe off and throw it at her. (I know, real tuff, huh?)

I began to look around to see if she was possibly “signaling” to someone else, but NO! I was the only person within a 4 mile radius.

I am still SHOCKED and I am trying real hard not to think bad thoughts about this “crazy woman”, but it’s hard not to.

OK maybe I should not have called her crazy, but come on…I think I am stating the obvious!

No comments: