Wednesday, December 3, 2008

40 Is The New 30...I Think?

It is a landmark day for casa de crazy. Today is my husband’s 40th birthday. Oh yes, I said 40th birthday. Honestly, I’m not sure that he is taking it that well. Personally, I do not see what the big deal is really. I thought that 40 was the new 30. Of course that is easy for me to say, I am not turning 40 today. I have SEVERAL years until I hit the big 4-0 bump in the road or should I say “mid-life“ crisis. Did you hear that Mark…I have SEVERAL years to go! As far as I can tell, Mark turning 40 has turned me into some what of a “trophy wife”.

In honor of my dear husband’s big day, let’s take a trip down memory lane to 1968.….

In 1968:
Richard Nixon was elected president
Yearly inflation: 4.27%
Average Income per year: $7,850
Average price of a car: $2,450
Gas: $.34 per gallon
Movie ticket: $1.50
Gallon of milk: $1.21
Loaf of bread: $.22
Postage stamp: $.06
Average price of a home: $14,950
Popular T.V. shows: Laugh In and Bonanza
Record of the year: “Mrs. Robinson” by Simon and Garfunkel
Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated
President Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act of 1968
Robert Kennedy was assassinated
Aristotle Onassis and Jacqueline Kennedy got married
Boeing 747 made it maiden flight
NASA launched Apollo 7
Philadelphia Bank installs the first automated teller machine
The first Big Mac goes on sell for $.49

I love you Mark! Happy Birthday!

No comments: