Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Men Are from Mars...and you know the rest...

The conversation goes a little like this…


Carter: “Mom, I have a friend that’s a girl.”

Me: “Really? Who?”

Carter: “Can’t tell ya”

Me: “Oh come on, tell me…”

Carter: “Sorry can’t do it. I’m not sure she likes me. She chases me ALLLL the time on the playground.”

Me: “Well, son that means she likes you”

Carter: “It does? Are you sure?”

Me: “Yes I’m sure!”

Carter: “Ugh! Mom! Help me…I don’t know anything about this relationship stuff!”

(Seriously? Relationship?)

Me: “Well son, what do you want to know?” (GULP…)

Carter: “Anything you can tell me would be good. I am clueless about all these girls.”

Me: (trying not to laugh) “Do you like this girl that is chasing you?”

Carter: “I think so.”

Me: “Then walk up to her and tell her you like her and then ask her if she wants to be your girlfriend.” (I prefer the direct approach.)

Carter: “Just like that?”

Me: “Yep, just like that.”

Carter: “What if she does not like me back?”

Me: “Don’t worry son, girls are like buses, when one leaves, there will be another one along shortly.”

Carter: “Maybe if she was about to get run over by that bus I could come running in and push her out of the way and she would REALLY love me then.”

Me: “What? I do not think we need to be jumping in front of any buses and when did we start talking about LOVE?”

Carter: “OK, maybe not a bus, but if she gets choked in the lunch room I could beat her on the back and save her …do you think that would work mommy?”

Me: “Ask your daddy…”

No comments: